- This website is owned and run by Car & General.
- For the purposes of this policy, "Cargen" means Car & General.
How do we collect information about you?
- The personal information collected and maintained about you is made up of information given to us when making an enquiry, contacting customer service, when making a payment, through the use of our website, and through our other communications with you such as by telephone, through our agents, or in person. This includes information obtained when you create tickets or other products or services offered by Car & General and through competitions or promotions offered by Car & General from time to time.
- What information do we collect about you?
The personal information collected from you includes details such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address and credit card/bank details. You retain the right to withhold any information from us, but please be aware that some of our products and services may not be available to you if this information is not collected.
- What about sensitive information?
- Can you give us information about another person?
How do we use your information?
- Are we concerned about keeping your information secure?
We take security issues seriously. We have implemented appropriate steps to help maintain the security of our information systems and processes and prevent the accidental destruction, loss or unauthorised disclosure of the information we collect.
How do we keep your online information secure?
- To ensure that the information you provide us with online is protected, we use a secure server known as Secure Server Layer (SSL). This means that all information submitted through our website, including your credit card details, is encrypted to provide greater protection. Although we take every measure to protect this information, we make no warranty regarding the effectiveness of this encryption and we will not be held liable for unauthorised access to this information.
To whom may we disclose your information?
- We may use third party agents and service providers around the world to collect, hold and process on our behalf your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy. These agents and service providers act on our instructions and will only use your information as we tell them to.
- We may disclose your information to third parties, including the police and other governmental bodies, as required by law or if we think the disclosure may help to detect and deal with crime and/or unsavoury behaviour.
- We may give your information to third parties (such as our subsidiaries, associate companies and/or business associates) to allow them to market their goods and services to you, but only with your express consent.
- We will not sell your information to a third party, except in the unlikely event that we sell our business, or a substantial part of it; in which case we may sell your information as part of the sale to allow the purchaser to carry on providing some or all of our services to you. Other than as set out in this policy, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either:
- Necessary to prevent a threat to life or health;
- Authorised or required by law;
- Reasonably necessary to enforce the law;
- Necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity
Do our privacy practices apply to disclosures you make to third parties?
- Please note that this policy addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you give your information to others, whether they are third parties that we introduce you to or third party sites that you visit by clicking on a link on one of our websites, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you give to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others